Summer is nearly upon us, Garden Educators!
Hopefully your tomatoes are in the ground and you are preparing to plant sunflowers, corn, or pumpkins. Now is the time to check your irrigation and recruit volunteers for summer vacation.
Read on for May highlights…
- Read this blog post about how Garden to Cafeteria Can Make Farm to Table a Reality for School Lunch.
- Lazy gardener that I am, I love these these tips from Modern Farmer for Planting a Chaos Garden.
- The Gro More Good initiative may still be seeking participants to pilot hydroponic growing systems in classrooms. Contact Lacy Stephens to learn more: email@example.com
- Should you pull purslane? Find out in this article from National Gardening Association.
- Nature Works Everywhere features over one thousand school gardens in nearly 100 states, provinces, and countries.
Lesson of the Month: Sow a Sunflower House