Happy Valentine’s Day, Garden Educators!
Love is in the air and rainbows grace the sky! It may be cold outside, but spring is coming soon! Read on for February’s highlights…
- If you teach second grade, you know the Napa Farm Bureau’s Ag Day is just around the corner. Read how to Cultivate Agricultural Literacy in the Garden.
- Soil Born Farms offers a suite of hands-on classes, but this one definitely caught my attention: Plan, Design, and Build a School Garden.
- Prefer distance learning? The School Garden Support Organization Network offers a webinar series.
- From my own hometown: connecting gardens and sports? In this piece from All Things Considered, listen to how teens are serving greens to baseball fans.
- We know it when we see it, but it’s awfully hard to prove. A Hong Kong scientist developed a tool to measure nature-related attitudes and awareness.
Lesson of the Month: Don’t just see rainbows, eat rainbows! With this lesson from Kids Gardening, students make plant part snacks that come in all colors.
Empowering teachers, schools, and communities to grow school gardens that enhance science education, nurture wellness, and foster environmental literacy.